brought to you by Reel Grasshopper Productions

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Skyfall

This newest Bond movie was visually stunning, but the plot was seriously lacking.  Yeah it had some crazy action sequences, and Javier Bardem was a pretty creepy bad guy, and there were some sweet throwbacks to the original films, but overall the story was just not there.  I could have done without the random references to Bond's childhood past, it felt very out of character.  And for almost the whole story revolving around saving M, I felt that Judi Dench kind of dropped the ball.  Bardem had a cool backstory, and was awesomely psychotic in his subtle way, and the film could have used more of him and less... sap.

I still think Daniel Craig is right up there for my favorite bond (rugged and manly yet human and fallible) but this film was less than I anticipated.




No comments:

Post a Comment