brought to you by Reel Grasshopper Productions

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Battleship

OK, don't laugh, but I actually enjoyed this movie.  It probably helped that I went in with incredibly low expectations, but still, I will admit that it was fun.  This movie is the epitome of a brainless popcorn-munching action flick; I found myself subconsciously cheering and smiling and hurray-ing throughout the film.  The plot is ridiculous, the acting is terrible, but you cannot help but let yourself get carried away with the go-America-whoop-that-alien-ass mentality.  Loosely based on the game Battleship (which if you aren't familiar with you clearly had a sheltered childhood) the film even brings in some pretty solid game references - you will indeed hear things like "B-15" and "you can't sink this battleship".

So go ahead, hit a matinee, get a large popcorn and let the film wash right over you.  Predictable and cheesy, I can pretty much guarantee this film will at least crack a smile across your face.


No comments:

Post a Comment