brought to you by Reel Grasshopper Productions

Sunday, May 13, 2012

HOP - Safe and The Avengers

Mind as well just skip the first and go straight to the second...

SAFE - From what I can recall, this movie was a typical Jason Statham flick - completely ridiculous and just like every single other film he has done.  Mind as well call it Transporter 8, or whatever number we are up to with those films.  A bad-ass fight scene here and there, but otherwise total crap.  Honestly, I don't even really remember this movie as it was completely eclipsed by the second film of the hop.



THE AVENGERS - Amazing. Awesome. Fantastic. You will not be disappointed. This movie exceeded all my expectations.  Granted, my expectations were for a comic book movie so let's not start comparing this to Shawshank or anything, but DAMN was this movie intensely enjoyable.  There is great risk in an ensemble cast, especially when taking so many characters that have already been solidly established in comic book lore, but I think this film was a soaring success.  You have to keep in mind that I don't read comics or watch the cartoons so I can only approach this from a purely off-the-cuff standpoint, but from where I sat this movie was so much fun that I am considering jumping back to the theater to see it again.  Robert Downey Jr stole the show, as I expected he would, but I appreciated the flushing out of Scarlett  Johansson's character (Black Widow) and the new Hulk, played by Mark Ruffalo.  Captain America and Thor were kind of lame, but who cares when the rest of the movie has such an insanely high production value, incredible CGI, snappy dialogue, and the myriad of other elements that make you literally hoot and holler while watching?


No comments:

Post a Comment