brought to you by Reel Grasshopper Productions

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Whiplash

This movie was just barely on my radar, I had read a brief blurb about it in a magazine, just enough to know that I had absolutely no interest in seeing it. But then a copy fell in my lap and I thought what the heck, it's this or keep binging on Scandal, so I popped it in.

Best random movie watching EVER. My expectations were so low they were essentially non-existent, I admit that may have played a role, but in all seriousness I was blown away. Why have I not heard more buzz about this movie?!?

Intense and chilling and a wee bit creepy, this film is beautifully shot and surprisingly written. Several turns I didn't expect, and J.K. Simmons, one of those actors whom you always recognize but whose name you can never remember, was unpredictable and fabulously menacing.


No comments:

Post a Comment