brought to you by Reel Grasshopper Productions

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Man From Nowhere

This film from South Korea surprised me, it was much better than I initially anticipated.  The acting was highly mediocre, especially by the police, of which there was one particularly bad stand-out whom I can only assume was meant to be the comic relief.  This movie could definitely have done without him, his bad "comic" acting was jarring and terribly distracting every time he was on screen.  Otherwise, my only real criticism is that at times I had trouble understanding the plot - were there two Chinese gangs in Korea vying for the drug trade?  Or was there a Korean gang pretending to go into the drug trade with the Chinese when they really just wanted to trade in illegal organs?  Or was everyone trading in illegal organs with drugs on the side?




No comments:

Post a Comment