brought to you by Reel Grasshopper Productions

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

In Darkness

Man, I have been so bad at this in recent weeks... here I am, after a long absence, with another seven-or-so movies piled up awaiting their very own post.  Here, in rapid fire, we start:

This was an odd week for me, watching two Holocaust movies within two days of each other (previous one being my previous post, on Bent)  This 2011 Polish film tells the true story of a man who hid Jewish refugees in the sewers of the Nazi-occupied Polish city of Lvov.  To be honest, it was not quite as dramatic as I thought it was going to be, considering the subject matter.  In other words, I was never as emotionally involved as I could have been - the emotions were there on the surface based on basic content, but I didn't grow any attachment to the individual characters.  There were missed opportunities in this film, but even despite that the story managed to hold its own and engross me in it's tale of courage and survival.


No comments:

Post a Comment