brought to you by Reel Grasshopper Productions

Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Five-Year Engagement

This movie had potential that it certainly did not live up to.  What could have been a fun running joke about the utter ridiculousness that surrounds wedding planning was really just a droll boring plodding story that came off as more romantic drama than romantic comedy.  I counted three times the movie made me smile (at least one was because purely based on location, since parts of the film were shot in San Francisco), and two occasions where I actually laughed (one in reference to Chewbacca, and once to Cookie Monster).  It was not a 5-yr engagement, it was a 2-hr painful look on a bad movie choice by normally decent actors (Jason Segel and Emily Blunt).

I will give props to the last scene, but that is the only props I give on this film.


No comments:

Post a Comment