brought to you by Reel Grasshopper Productions

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Takers

A handful of relatively attractive men in a heist movie?  One might be surprised at how long it took me to actually cue this flick up in my Netflix.  Honestly, I was concerned about the acting, as the film stars several rappers including Chris Brown and T.I. (not to mention just generally bad actors, like Paul Walker haha).  However, I do have to admit that I was surprised by Hayden Christensen, who clearly enjoyed his character and completely rocked the hat.  I would have to say that this film pretty much met my expectations: pumped-up action sequences and dismissible acting.  The first heist in the movie was clever, but that was basically just the opening sequence.  The meat of the movie, the main heist, has actually been done before in several other films, including The Italian Job.

Something that did catch my eye (although not necessarily in a good way) was the end of the movie.  I cannot say anything specific without a major spoiler, but suffice it to say that the people I was rooting for got the unexpected short end of the stick.  Boo.


No comments:

Post a Comment